Air conditioner system efficiency in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor is the same as measured by EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) or SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) like any other places.
Most of the time, EER is used for the air conditioners in the rooms ranging from 500 to 15000 BTU units, like house or office. SEER is used for central cooling systems for a measurement of 1 cooling ton/ 1 KW energy consumption like a mall, public library, cinemas i.e for the chiller systems.
When the temperature set up changed 1-degree Centigrade’s efficiency will change 3 %. That is why central cooling systems should work between 22.5 to 25-degree Centigrade in order to catch the efficient working conditions.
Low efficient air conditioning systems cost too much. In order to reduce the cost of cooling, you need to take some precautions.
- There must be a clean and airflow area of the outdoor unit fan area.
- Filters of the indoor unit have to be clean from dust and molds.
- You need to be ensured the ventilation fins should open properly. If not use a fin comb to equalize all parallel each other in order to do necessary heat exchange.
- Be sure there is no direct sunlight on the unit. It should be shaded in a natural way.
- If you are using the duct system, be sure ducts are sealed properly.
- If you are not at home or office, and the air conditioner is working, increase the temperature.
- Be sure that windows taking afternoon sun should be covered heavy curtains.
- Be sure that the home or office should be airtight during air conditioner operation. Leaking of air in the room could cause 30 % of the additional cooling costs.