Air Conditioning Tips
by 9, 2018 | General| June
This air conditioning tips would be useful as a guide to optimise the use of the air conditioning units either at home or at the work place. The following tips may improve on the longevity and efficiency of the air conditioning units with its consistent maintenance being carried out on a regular basis.
- BEFORE Using The Air Conditioner: Pay attention to the idling air conditioner.
It is understood that many consumers at home or at the work place where their air conditioners may not be used for quite some time due to one reason or the other such as due to the cold weather. Now that the hot weather is coming again, it is the season of air conditioning in operations. However, the uncleaned air conditioners will have a big impact on human health and the service life of the air-conditioning itself. Therefore, the air conditioners not used for quite some time must be cleaned before reusing it. The following actions can be taken.
Firstly, check whether the outdoor unit is installed securely and if the grounding wire is broken, detached or rusted, always ensure the safety of the outdoor unit.
Secondly, when the air conditioner is set to on, check whether the air outlet is adequate and the cooling effect is normal. If the coolness is insufficient, it means that the air conditioner may have leaked fluorine or if unsure which part is abnormal, it is advisable to contact the after-sales or maintenance personnel for the necessary inspection and rectification.
Finally, clean the filter and check that the air conditioning heat exchanger vents are free of dust, etc. For air conditioners with a service life of more than two years, professional air conditioner personnel should be called to clean and maintain the air conditioning unit on a regular basis.
- DURING The Usage Of Air Conditioners: “Power Saving” tips
Although heavy rain may have come on and off in recent days, the temperature is still very hot. Perhaps, the consumer may resume to use the air conditioners at home or at the work, place.
Home air conditioner comfort
According to the survey, many consumers may think that by turning on and off the air conditioner frequently within a short period of time is a cool action to save power consumption.
” To save 5% of the electricity consumption, simply avoid your air conditioners from direct sunlight or being exposed to the sun or rain “
In fact, this way is not advisable as only the correct use of air conditioning can achieve the desired power saving effect. To achieve this, the following actions below are recommended.
- When you turn on the air conditioner, set the temperature to a moderate temperature, not too cold. When the temperature of the air conditioner is set higher by 2°C for its cooling effect, the power consumption can be reduced by about 20%. Therefore, the indoor temperature is generally suitable between 27°C and 28°C.
- Some adjustments may be made for rooms with poor door and window structures and large gaps. For example, use adhesive tape to seal the window seams and put a transparent plastic film on the outside of the glass window. You can also use shade of cloth curtains or paint the outside wall with white paint to reduce the loss of air conditioning effect caused by the external wall.
- The filter of the air conditioner must be cleaned frequently. If it is not cleaned for quite a long time, it will easily affect the cooling effect of the air conditioner.
- If the power (HP strength) in the air conditioner is relatively small but the actual area of the home or work place to be covered is larger than the air conditioner’s capacity, then, the air conditioner will always be in an overloaded state, the indoor temperature will not reach the desired effect but the power consumption will be very high. If the cooling power of the air conditioner is too large, the wear and tear of the air conditioner compressor will also be increased. Therefore, be sure to choose a proper capacity of air conditioner that fits the room size.
- Attention should also be paid to the placement of air conditioners. Try not to place them in places exposed to the sun or the rain and avoid direct sunlight on the air conditioners. This will save 5% of the electricity consumption.
- When installing the air conditioner, it should be noted that the air-conditioning piping connecting the indoor unit and the outdoor unit should be short and not bendable. Even if due to the environmental condition needs it to be bent, the air-conditioning piping must be in a horizontal position. In this way, its cooling effect will be much better.
- Try not to put any furniture in the vicinity of the air conditioner. Keep the air conditioner outlet as smooth as possible to prevent heat dissipation and increased power consumption. The most important thing is whether air conditioners need to see the energy efficiency ratio of each air conditioner. The higher the energy efficiency ratio, the more natural air conditioners use them.
Air conditioner comfort in the meeting room, such a conducive environment!
- AFTER Air Conditioners Is Used: Beware of air conditioning related disease.
Frequent use of air conditioning may also cause those stayed in the room to be prone to get sick. Air conditioning related diseases generally occurs, particularly in central fully-enclosed air conditioners. Household air conditioners are also quite common as in a closed or relatively closed air conditioning environment, such that the air flowability will be relatively poor and it will easily cause the continuous decrease of the oxygen content in indoor air. At the same time, harmful substances such as toxic gases that are volatilized in indoor building materials and smoke that are produced by smoking will be difficult to be released to the outside of the building through the normal air convection current that may lead to a continuous decline in the quality of the indoor air. In addition, if the room has strong airtightness and insufficient sunlight, indoor temperature and humidity can easily make the bacteria or fungus multiply and survive, posing a threat to human health within this environment.
The symptoms of “Air Conditioning Disease” are generally as follows: limb weakness, fatigue, insomnia, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, increased blood pressure, arthritis and pharyngitis. As such, the following actions are advisable to reduce the risk of getting the air conditioning related diseases.
- Try not to turn on the air conditioner continuously for 24 hours at home or at the work place, unless there is a proper built-in ventilation system. If at home, do not close the window all the time whilst the carpets, bed sheets and sofa covers should be cleaned regularly to prevent the growth of bacteria/fungus.
- If one is working in an air conditioned office for a long time, he/she should add appropriate clothes and occasionally have to stand up and move your body such that to improve blood circulation.
- The indoor temperature is set at 25°C and the difference in temperature between indoor and outdoor is preferably not more than 7°C. Otherwise, entering the room after sweating tends to increase the burden on the body temperature adjustment centre.
- Frequently opening of windows for ventilation to ensure the convection current of indoor and outdoor air and air purification equipment should be also be used, if necessary. This equipment can effectively remove toxic gases and indoor bacteria/fungus from building materials and the indoor environment.
- As far as possible, the desk should not be located near the air conditioning units where the air flow is fast and the temperature is lower. This can easily cause the endocrine related disorder caused by the strong shrinkage of the pores on the surface of the body, resulting in “air conditioning related disease”.