Aircondition Trouble Shooting
Why knowing how to do faulty air conditioner troubleshooting is important? Imagine arriving back home one day from work or some other physical activities. You are sweating due to fatigue and warm climate around you. You switched on the aircon (AC) and stand in front of it, desperately waiting for the cool breeze to refresh you. However, to your dismay, you were greeted by warm wind blowing against your face or worse, nothing is coming out from your AC. Something is definitely wrong and here are some ways to troubleshoot your air conditioner’s problems on your own before you call the repairman and let him know exactly what problems that your AC is having.
1. Unable to power up the air conditioner
- Check if breaker is tripped. Try to switch off and then back on and see if the breaker is tripped when you power up your AC. If it does trip the breaker, you may have some problems with the wiring of your air conditioner unit.
- If the breaker doesn’t trip but the AC unit is still unable to power up, the AC unit may be faulty.
2. Weak airflow from the unit or lack of cooling airflow
- Firstly, you may want to check if the settings are done accordingly (eg. fan speed and desired temperature). This may sound silly but it happens, that someway or somehow the settings have been reset. The technician will still charge you for his time to rectify the problem, which could be as simple as pushing some buttons on your remote control.
- Secondly, do you remember when was the last time you did the routine maintenance on your air conditioner and cleaned the air filter? If you don’t, you might want to check and clean the air filter. Thick layer of dust restricts airflow and affects the ventilation and ability to cool the area. This increases electricity used by the AC to increase the suction capabilities and for long run, may cause damage to your unit.
- Thirdly, investigate if the fan for the outdoor unit is functioning. If possible, try to see if the fan is operating when the AC unit is switched on. If the outdoor unit is installed in a place that is not possible to have inspect it visually, try to hear if the fan is operating. If it is not, you might need a technician to overhaul and calibrate the outdoor unit.
- If you have done the above three and they are operating as if should be, the other possible reason would be due to low on refrigerant fluid/gas, possibly due to a leak. It is located inside the outdoor unit. To rectify this, you will need a trained aircon technician to diagnose the refrigerant level and top up if necessary.
3. Water leaking from the indoor unit
- There is a drain pan located at the bottom of your indoor AC unit which collects water from condensation and there is also a pump that will pump the water towards the drainage pipe. The water leakage may be caused by the overflowing pan, possibly due to blockage in the drainage pipe, pump failure or a cut/tear along the drainage pipe.
4. The air conditioner unit is constantly running / causing a lot of unusual noises
- There is a thermostat within your aircon unit to monitor the surrounding temperature and perform climate control according to your desired temperature. The thermostat could be faulty or damaged, causing it to be unable to measure the temperature and the AC to operate continuously.
These are some of the possible Air Conditioner Troubleshooting methods to pinpoint any malfunctions that you may experience.
Price Schedule KL & Selangor
"Affordable Service from RM 70 onwards, 100% moneyback satisfaction guarantee"
for a no obligation quotation now
|Wall Mounted Units||Ceiling Units|
|1 HP||1.5 HP||2 HP||2.5 HP||3 HP||3 HP||4 HP|
|General Service||RM 70||RM 75||RM 120||RM 120||RM 150||RM 150||RM 150|
|Chemical Wash||RM 130||RM 150||RM 150||RM 150||RM 150||RM 320||RM 550|
|Installation||RM 250||RM 300||RM 400||RM 440||RM 500||RM 500||RM 670|
|Gas Top up||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115|
|Dismantle Old Unit||RM 75||RM 75||RM 100||RM 100||RM 125||RM 200||RM 250|
Why Choose Us
100% Money-back Guarantee
Enjoy a total peace of mind when you hire us. Because we offer a "100% money-back guarantee" assurance when you engage our service - so there is ZERO risk on your part!
FREE Site Survey
Our service also includes a complimentary site survey to better understand your air conditioner unit service needs so that we can give you the most accurate quotes.
Their technicians were very helpful, courteous, updating us on the job progress frequently and very communicative. This was my third time using their services and they are real professionals. I am extremely satisfied with their performance all this while and they are courteous. I will recommend them to others.Nedim Alibi
I had some issues with my air conditioner leaking on a Saturday and we felt great the service techs who came and repaired it on the spot. He was doing such an excellent job, explaining to me on the things to be done. In a matter of hours, our air conditioner was back to normal. They did such a fantastic job!Noreen Noor