Let’s face it. In Malaysia, we have the sun and its scorching heat almost everyday during the non-rainy season. It is difficult to imagine, especially for the city dwellers like ourselves, working or trying to sleep in such warm climate. It is almost an essential for every office or home to have at least one air conditioner unit to cool and ventilate the space around us. But have we ever considered doing simple aircon maintenance by ourselves?
While we rely on it so much to make the air around us cooling and refreshing, a lot of us do not know how to perform the basic steps of maintenance to preserve its efficiency. Like all electronic devices, the air conditioner (AC) is subjected to wear and tear and requires periodic care from time to time. Most of us have at least gone through a moment of suffering when the air conditioner fails on us due to lack of proper upkeep.
Take a car for example. We often perform regular maintenance, such as changing the engine oil, air filter and etc, so that the engine can continue to perform efficiently. But why do we not do the same for our air conditioners? Maybe it is due to lack of knowledge on how to do it?
Here are some simple AC maintenance steps that you can do it on your own for your wall mounted air conditioner (the ones you usually have in your bedrooms). For a start, consider cleaning the air filter. As the name suggests, it filters the dust and particles in the air. Over time, the amount of dust trapped by the filter accumulates, forming a thick layer of dust. The restricted airflow will not only cause poorer cooling efficiency but it also increases the electrical consumption because the it requires more power to suck the air in through the layer of dust.
- Always switch off and power down the air conditioner when you start anything.
- Locate the two indents on both of the sides of the air conditioner unit. You will be able to open the front panel by holding the two sides and pushing it upwards.
- If you have not serviced it or done any maintenance, you will find the air filter sheet (or two separate smaller sheet for certain aircon model) covered with a thick mat of dust. This restricts the airflow, resulting in poorer cooling efficiency and high electricity consumption (more effort required to take in the air)
- You may want to use a vacuum machine to suck away most of the easily removable dust and then wash it by blowing it with high pressured water stream.
- Wipe it or leave it to dry completely before you place it back into your air conditioner and you are done. You will be able to feel that the chilly wind will blow better than before.
- It is recommended to do this in every 3 months or sooner if you use it very frequently.
- For other more technical maintenance like chemical wash and servicing the outdoor unit, recommended to have it checked and serviced every once a year by a professional. Also, for any repair works, it will be best to leave it to the professionals as well.
"Affordable Service from RM 70 onwards, 100% moneyback satisfaction guarantee"
for a no obligation quotation now
|Wall Mounted Units||Ceiling Units|
|1 HP||1.5 HP||2 HP||2.5 HP||3 HP||3 HP||4 HP|
|General Service||RM 70||RM 75||RM 120||RM 120||RM 150||RM 150||RM 150|
|Chemical Wash||RM 130||RM 150||RM 150||RM 150||RM 150||RM 320||RM 550|
|Installation||RM 250||RM 300||RM 400||RM 440||RM 500||RM 500||RM 670|
|Gas Top up||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115||RM 115|
|Dismentle Old Unit||RM 75||RM 75||RM 100||RM 100||RM 125||RM 200||RM 250|
Why Choose Us
100% Money-back Guarantee
Enjoy a total peace of mind when you hire us. Because we offer a "100% money-back guarantee" assurance when you engage our service - so there is ZERO risk on your part!
FREE Site Survey
Our service also includes a complimentary site survey to better understand your air conditioner unit service needs so that we can give you the most accurate quotes.
They were very helpful and updating on the job progress frequently and very communicative.Nedim Alibi
Job done as I wanted. Although there was additional cost due to the other problem, about the expectation and cost I was satisfied. Highly recommend.Lai May Leng
Very detailed quotation received from the company, so you know what to expect from the technicians are on site. They are friendly and skilled. I would have rated 5 star because of the last minutes rescheduling of the appointment. Apparently they are on tight schedule and overrun the service session which caused rescheduling with the next service session. Will use again.Jian Yong
Contact Us For A Free Consultation Now!
+6017 332 0897
Monday - Sunday (9am to 6pm)
- OR -